[TriLUG] Installfest Hardware needs - Still a few needs left

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Fri Apr 26 10:07:02 EDT 2002

Man you guys are good! Looks like we have keyboards and mice now (thanks
Henry!), and the power cables (thanks Mike!).
We still need someone to help with power strips(at least 3 or 4 more) and a
few extra NIC's (we have 3 coming, but need a few more for the "just in
case" pile).

If you are planning on bringing any hardware, please make sure you mark it,
and/or bring a list and quantity of stuff that's yours. We don't want to
make this a "lostfest".

And if you are bringing stuff that you would like to donate to TriLUG,
please email the steering committee(steering at trilug.org) in advance, so they
know it's coming.

Thanks to all for the help!

Updated at bottom. If you can, please send email to me offline. I'll line up
the hardware since Chris is doing the software. If you can think of
something else, please let me know.

Jeremy says there is only enough space for 8 stations. So look through and
see what you can bring.

Needs - 8 stations:
8 monitors - Done
8 keyboards - Done
8 mice - Done
8 nic's - Have 3 need 6-8 more(pci preferred)
8 cables - Done
8 power strips - Need 4 to 5 more
Hubs - Done - 2x 12 ports 10MB, 1x 24 port 10/100, 1x 16 port 10/100
out.
WAP - Done
Wireless NIC's - Have 2 coming, may need a few more

--------------------------

Here's what I'm bringing:
10 monitors (2 spares)
10 nic cables
1 or 2 nics
1 or 2 power strips
12 port hub
TriLUG firewall

Justin Johnson is bringing:
(1) Linksys 802.11b WAP
(2) Linksys PCMCIA 802.11b Nics
Bulk CAT5 (not sure how much is left in box)
RJ45 Terminators
Crimpers
Cable tester
5-10 6' CAT5 Patch cables
12 port 10mb hub (if better hub/switch not coming already)

Reginald Reed is bringing:
A firewall (as a backup to the trilug firewall)
At least one 24 port 10/100 switch (with a crossover cable or two)

Henry Kowalski is bringing:
16 port 10/100 switch
keyboards and mice

Mike Johnson