[TriLUG] RedHat 7.2 - White Screen

John Warf jwarf at chatham.k12.nc.us
Sat Apr 27 22:05:34 EDT 2002

I have a sort of weird question.  Why would I be getting a white screen
after logging out of KDE.  I am running RedHat 7.2 just installed it
last night.  I boot the machine and log in at a command line.  I then
start KDE by the startx command.  I am running the machine as root.
 Once I am done in the Gui I logout what I think is the right way and I
get a white screen that looks like it freezes the machine. It doesn't
matter what I do it still happens.  I then have to reset the computer.
 So does anyone have any ideas as to how I can resolve this problem of mine.

John