[TriLUG] A true newbie

Lisa C. Boyd lisa at ptdesigns.biz
Tue Apr 30 15:02:43 EDT 2002

I figured I'd jump in here. I've monitored this list for a few days, and I
have to say most of the stuff that ya'll have been talking about is over my
head. However, I love a challenge and I'm extremely interested in Installfest.

My newbie questions: I have a nice computer (PIII/750) that is running
Win2k. From what I've read so far, there's a way to have both running on
the same machine. Can I keep my current installation and load Linux under
it's own partition or do I need to wipe out everything and start fresh? How
much disk space (optimally) does Linux use? I guess I need to share that I
would like to also eventually install Apache/PHP/MySQL under Linux for web
development if that makes a difference. I also have no clue what
installation version would be best for me to use.

Any web sites you could point me to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa Boyd