[TriLUG] A true newbie

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Wed May 1 08:41:14 EDT 2002

Yes. If you come to the installfest, I'll help you do this. I do this at
work for our developers all the time, so I've got the tools needed to get it
done correctly.

How big is your HDD? What make and model? You can email me offline if you'd
like.

I would recommend either Mandrake-Linux 8.2 or RedHat Linux 7.2 for the new
folks. I personally use RedHat.

Check out www.mandrakecampus.com. This is an online "e-learning" by Mandrake
that covers the basics like what is GPL licensing, all the way up to
administrating your Linux box. I recommend this to anyone new to Linux.
Also, www.linux.org (Linus' site) and www.linuxdoc.org are the 2 I use the
most.  A lot of folks also use www.freshmeat.net.

Hope this helps.