[TriLUG] A true newbie

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Wed May 1 08:51:34 EDT 2002

>More questions regarding what Jeremy wrote: I'm assuming that using either
>the multiple partitions or the separate hard drive that you can only run
>one OS at a time. That may not work for me if I need to test my web server
>stuff from different browsers. I do have another computer I could wipe, but

>it's not that fast. I'll have to check on this some more.

I do web development for some sites, and I use CrossOver Office to run I.E.
5.5 SP2 on my Linux box. I also use the KDE desktop and set my Konqueror
browser to "emulate" IE 5.5 SP2. I also have Netscape (not stripped down
Mozilla!) on here.  One of the nice things I found out about Linux when I
started working with it, was that there are multiple ways of getting
software to run so I WOULDN'T have to reboot.

Another example, if you use HomeSite or ColdFusion for editing, check out
Bluefish (www.bluefish.org). Works and looks just like HomeSite, but it's
free and it runs under Linux.