[TriLUG] Re: TriLUG Linux Installfest - Saturday, May 11 Durham (fwd)

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Wed May 1 12:37:20 EDT 2002

I would love to hear a topic on TiVo.  I have been following it on and
off and they are a fascinating company with cool hardware.  The new
series that is coming out (Or has come out?) is supposed to have usb
ports and from a website I saw you will now be able to hook up a
usb-ethernet adapter and get the data off broadband rather than dialing
up.  Now, admittedly, the hack to put a nic inside the unit is still
cooler :) I think this would be a great topic Mike as they do run Linux.

Bill
Bill Vinson
http://www.trilug.org/~billv