[TriLUG] The Mailman Archives are fixed.

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 2 22:31:23 EDT 2002

The archives are fixed!

http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020429/006926.html

I broke em with my .a.t. hack (to stop spam harvesters).
Mailman has a slightly obscure way of determining new messages to be
archived.  The .a.t. hack obscured where the old messages had left off,
causing Mailman to proclaim that the archives were corrupt!

===  The fix ===
 ssh www.trilug.org
 su - mailman
 rm -rf archives/private/trilug/*
 bin/arch trilug archives/private/trilug.mbox/trilug.mbox

===

Now, how do we protect against spam harvesters... I have a few ideas.  One
that will work for sure (but isn't elegant).  I'll have something working by
the end of the weekend.

Take care,

Jon
 --- Original Message: Thursday 02 May 2002 04:00 pm ---