Static IP (was Re: [TriLUG] Hopefully not so easy...)

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Fri May 3 10:17:27 EDT 2002

Lisa C. Boyd [lcboyd at nc.rr.com] wrote:

> Occasionally I've had my service (connectivity) go down - seems like mostly
> when it rains hard although I don't really understand that. I'm a little
> worried that it's not a stable connection. Glad to hear that you have had
> few problems. Any others??

Not to sound like a commercial for RR, but with the Business Class
account comes -much- better service.  You get a number to call, you
leave a message, their system pages the on-call tech, and they call you
back within a half-hour or so (I've gotten calls back in less than five
minutes).  Plus, it's a real tech, not someone who simply reads from an
online manual.  They've rolled trucks to fix issues for me before.

In the end, our Road Runner has been just as (if not more than) reliable
as the frame relay connection it replaced (and cheaper and faster!).

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost