[TriLUG] Re: Hopefully not so easy...

knowlesc at telocity.com knowlesc at telocity.com
Fri May 3 15:41:02 EDT 2002

OK, not that I rescind my earlier kudoes to Jon and
John, but after poking around in sendmail.mc, I have
exactly this question.

Not only did you answer it, you gave me ideas on how to
answer similar questions.  Thanks, ever so much.

CJK

James Manning wrote

http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20020225/005272.html

> One thing I didn't like about that original answer
(nothing against John,
> of course) is that Greg was trying to do the
sendmail.mc approach (much
> nicer IMHO) and it suggested a sendmail.cf hack to
get the Dj in place.
> While that works, I would probably suggest making the
modification back
> to the sendmail.mc file so any later mc edits and cf
regens don't need
> the hack again.  To figure out what you need to put
in the sendmail.mc
> to get the Dj entry, a grep should work:
>
> jmm at jmm /home/jmm> grep Dj /usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/*

/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/proto.m4:ifdef(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `Dj`'confDOMAIN_NAME', `#Dj$w.Foo.COM')

> so for your sendmail.mc:
>
> define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `nc.rr.com')dnl
>
> Just a thought *shrug*
> --
> James Manning <jmm at sublogic.com>
> GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E
A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4