[TriLUG] SuSe 8.0 and 3Com PCMCIA card?

Robert Floyd r.floyd3 at verizon.net
Sat May 4 02:43:46 EDT 2002

My preference has always been to purchase the distros from a local store
(usually Best Buy). I do this for two reasons:

1. To support the publishers with $$$.
2. To demonstrate to the stores that people out there will really buy
this Linux stuff.

Right now, I'm running OpenOffice (and find it to be very nice).
However, when the shrink-wrap StarOffice 6.0 makes its way to the
shelves, I'll probably shell out the $50 or so to get it.

I like free software. I also don't mind paying for shareware or good,
reasonably priced software that does what I need it to do. On that
count, the Linux community does an admirable job.

Robert Floyd
Durham, NC