[TriLUG] please help

Inor Kuo inorkuo at email.unc.edu
Sun May 5 23:03:39 EDT 2002

Hi,
  I am fairly new to linux.  I have installed redhat 7.2 and I tried to
upgrade the kernel from 2.4.7-10 to 2.4.18.  I unpacked the source for
2.4.18 in /usr/src/linux and did a make clean, make xconfig, make dep,
make, make bzImage, make modules, make install, and make modules
install.  I then edited lilo.conf to boot the new kernel.  When I try to
boot the new kernel, the system seems to think that my Logitech usb
wheel mouse has been removed, and x server does not start.  How do I get
redhat 7.2 to work with the new kernel?

Thanks in advance
Inor
inorkuo at email.unc.edu