[TriLUG] Red Hat 7.3 released?

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Mon May 6 09:44:26 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-06 at 09:23, Jeremy P wrote:
> I noticed the TriLUG mirror now has a Red Hat Linux 7.3 (valhalla)
> directory (/mirrors/RedHat-7.3).  There are THREE isos, plus two SRPMS,
> plus one docs iso.

That's correct. The other mirror sites have made it public as well,
AFAIK, but the announcement is slow in coming from the Red Hat servers.

> I'm surprised there's no discussion here.  Isn't this the first *.3
> release from Red Hat in quite a while?

Yes, and it builds on the stability of 7.2 quite nicely. I'm running it
on both my desktop and my laptop with great happiness. it adds things
like KDE3, QT3, updated Gnome components (including Evolution 1.0.3!)
and bunches of other good stuff to the distro.

The upgrades I've done to my systems were painless, and it now supports
the ability to *MODIFY* youre bootloader config instead of overwriting
it. Add that new kernel to GRUB? It'll still be there after the upgrade,
unlike prior releases.

I'll have CDs at the installfest, and a set Thursday night for the
library.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9
"It's not stupid...it's ADVANCED"