[TriLUG] Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Wed May 8 11:20:02 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 11:10, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Towards the end of getting stonesoup in good running shape, I suggest we
> work on it at the installfest.  There will be no shortage of hands.  And
> of course two or three guys can be ssh'd in at once to configure
> different services (one on MTA, another on webmail, another on
> firewalling, etc.)

Actually, we're finishing up the webmail now, and it'll be done in time
for tomorrow's meeting, we think. The kicker is the authentication.
Since there's no ssh to stonesoup - just webmail and IMAP - we can
better control security on what is potentially an insecure box.

The NNTP server is in place, but needs some configuring by Jon, and the
FTP server is in, but it needs disks badly.

I'd love to see development stuff resume on fatalpha. if re-elected,
it's on my list of to-dos for the next term. As well as kerberos for
user management in the rack, and a few other things related to the biz
side of the LUG.

> I don't care how it shakes out, I think next year looks very promising
> based on the list of nominees.  Pick any five. <humor> Based on recent
> events, maybe we need #6 (Minister of Defense). </humor> <serious> I
> hope we get a chance to talk about that tomorrow night. </serious>

Actually, one of the biz points to be done next term is to rework the
Bylaws to address how things really work, versus how they were laid out
originally. Better outlining of officer responsibility, add in the
subcommitee rules & regs, etc.

I've got a laundry list in my head of to-dos right now for next year,
including at least one InstallFest per quarter, rebuilding the
educational effort, and getting some funding to help with all that.

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9
"It's not stupid...it's ADVANCED"