[TriLUG] Red Hat Launches Nation's First K-12 Red Hat Linux Education Program; Helps Improve Computing Access for All Students

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Wed May 8 14:06:22 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 14:01, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> Duh. Thanks :) I don't think I know any teachers there. I know one from
> Easley and one from Hillandale (both elementary schools). I'm sure I could
> get information though from others. What kinds of questions to we need to
> ask? Who's in charge of technology? That sort of stuff?

Basically we just need a contact.  Who is the best person within each
school or school district to talk to about Linux volunteers.  IMHO, the
next step is to get them either to a regular meeting or to a weekend get
together with a few interested volunteers to talk about what the school
needs, what the LUG can offer, and then take the results to the broader
LUG mailing list.  I think the LUG meeting is the best place for that
first in-person contact to happen so they will meet the widest variety
of volunteers.