[TriLUG] Basic Security Question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu May 9 10:31:39 EDT 2002

All the major distros now have a simple radio button that you push to engage
security for your machine.  If you are hooking it up tot he internet and
don't have a clue, choose the high security setting.  If you are hooking it
up to the internet and have a clue, choose the low or medium security
setting.

In anycase, your box will be running the latest and greatest of apps and
services, so your vulnerabilities should be minimal.

Jon