[TriLUG] Fw: Mandrake 8.2 first look

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri May 10 13:41:40 EDT 2002

Thanks for the "second opinion". I've been tied up this week with one thing
or another (I had eye surgery last Friday and the only people I've seen in
quite a while are eye doctors!! and the medication bills!!), so I haven't
had time to give the new Mandrake a whirl. I'd been looking forward to this
package for some time. Redmond Linux looks good on the surface, and probably
will be good IF (and it's a big "if") they ever get the bugs out of it (and
there are too many to mention). It was included with the last Linux Format
magazine issue, so since I had it, I thought I'd try it. But just about none
of the really important (to me!) software constantly crashed. Will give my
opinion as a novice user when time permits. At least I now have the
box. ---Al Johnson.