[TriLUG] hi from ray bordt

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Tue May 14 14:08:01 EDT 2002

Avui, Dimarts 14 Maig 2002 13:46, no tenieu res mes que fer i me vareu enviar
aquest e-mail
> rpm -qa | greg emacs reported emacs-21.1-10mdk.

> i did "urpmi emacs".

> mandrake 8.2 was installed on saturday's fest.

So emacs is installed on your system. since I don't use Emacs, I have no clue
about how to use it.

Try doing "rpm -qi emacs" to get information about the package. Also, "rpm -qd
emacs" will show you the files marked as "documentation" in the emacs
package.

Then, you might want to do "rpm -ql emacs | more" to list all the files that
belong to the package.

You can also try to do "man emacs" or "info emacs" and see what they say.

Hope this helps.

Salut,
Sinner
--
RedHat QA Test Engineer  --  Running RedHat 7.3 on i386smp
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/