[TriLUG] NCCom point code being blocked

M. Mueller mmueller at ss7box.com
Tue May 14 19:09:03 EDT 2002

Teresa,

Here is the information to support the discussion we had earlier today.

This evening NCCom (5-87-128) ran BNS queries against every number listed in
attached file wtn.csv.  These numbers are known working telephone numbers
culled from NCCom's X.25 LIDB access operation. There are 255 numbers in
wtn.csv.

We get LIDB replies on only 38 numbers.  The successful queries are
documented in bns.csv.  The OCN column indicates the Operating Company that
sent the entry.

Earlier today, I called the Illuminet NOC and had trouble ticket #25129
opened to investigate exactly why we have no responses to so many queries.
We traced a BNS query to 9197540479 (my phone number, served by BellSouth).
The BNS query was traced to BellSouth's "doorstep".  That was no response
given to the query.  This is one example of many such failed BNS queries.