[TriLUG] OT: Monitor/KVM problems

Steven Blanchard sgblanch at email.unc.edu
Tue May 14 23:41:23 EDT 2002

I had similar problems on a dell flatpanel, when booting either win98 or
redhat 7.2. It was a half inch horizonatal shift and clock problems, it
seems to be the different ways that the operating systems talk to the
monitor, don't ask me why... switching my linux box to the accelerated
nvidia drivers cleared up the problem for me, though.