[TriLUG] Promotions for Installfests

Jeremy P jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri May 17 09:42:45 EDT 2002

On 16 May 2002, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Have you tried just:
>
> info <program>
>
> It works quite well.  It has the key bindings of emacs, but I
> don't believe it actually uses emacs.

At one point, "info" was calling emacs with special options, although I
think they separated it so that info will work even if you don't have
emacs installed.  At any rate, since I have no idea how to use emacs, I
can never figure out how to get around in "info" -- and I'm far from a
newbie.  A newbie can understand the basic pager commands used in
more/less with man, and shouldn't be required to do anything more just to
read a manual!

--Jeremy