[TriLUG] tomcat on sparc 32

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Fri May 17 11:42:38 EDT 2002

Hello

I used to have tomcat running on sparc linux.  Since I've rebuilt my
server, tomcat and java have went through a couple of revs.  Last night I
tried tomcat4 debs in unstable with blackdown jdk 1.3.1 binary install
script thingy from ibilio and I'm sad to say it didn't quite work.  I had a
lot of pain doing this same process the last time.  I was hoping this time
it would be easier.  Nevertheless, has anybody done such a thing?  Wanna
help do it again?

Yes, i've done the rpm method on RH i386 and it was a breeze.  My
experience there didn't help much.  Wading thru strace -f
/etc/init.d/tomcat start is where I am at now.

JD