[TriLUG] just remember 'quets' to access info pages

M. Mueller mmueller at ss7box.com
Fri May 17 14:24:36 EDT 2002

On Friday 17 May 2002 01:21 pm, you wrote:
> On mine that comes back and says that there is no info page for cron,
> and to try man:cron
>
> (If you do $info cron You will notice it states "*manpages*" at the top
> of the screen.  It's not really a info page, it's a man page that's been
> converted.)
>
> try info:/ for the top level info stuff.

Nada again for me.  I am using a Mandrake 8.1 box distro.  No big deal that I
can't get it to work.  Man is fine by me.  I never stop groking at a man
page.  There's Google and TriLUG and other lists.

I finally looked up "grok".  I Googled "what does grok mean".  Robert
Heilein, martian word, drink up, etc. Plenty there.

--
Mike Mueller
www.ss7box.com