[TriLUG] Why does Linux sound Still SUCK

Robby Dermody nova at naomi.avalonent.org
Sat May 18 18:36:01 EDT 2002

xmms is a _quite_ full-featured winamp clone. I use it and love it.
www.xmms.org I believe...

As far as sound glitchyness, I have had quite a bit with my soundblaster
live! on a quadraphonic setup under linux

I do have minor glitchyness every once in awhile with my laptop sound
drivers (I have an IBM thinkpad A21p), nothing major, hardly happens,
and it is easily rectified by a rmmod cs46xx;modprobe cs46xx

Overall, the thing that will make linux into an even more viable audio
platform is if audio card developers keep (or start) releasing their
specs.

Robby