[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Mon May 20 21:34:50 EDT 2002

Thunder bear wrote:
>A majority of the steering committee met for lunch today and one of the
>subjects we talked about was the recent discussion on reaching out to
>newbies, providing better documentation, etc.

There you guys go - meeting behind our backs and trying to be productive -
how could you? ;)

>The members in attendance unanimously agreed to support this effort
>through the use of TriLUG resources such as web hosting, mailing lists,
>etc.

Yeah :)

>What we would like to see happen is some sort of face-to-face meeting ...
><snip>

This weekend is obviously bad because of Memorial Day celebrations and
travels, and I couldn't make it June 1st. So how's the 8th for everyone?
Where shall we meet? Or do you guys have secret hideouts for meetings??

>I'm personally very interested in this effort and would like to help,
>but I think that the leadership has to come from someone with a better
>sense of what the Linux newbies are looking for.  Personally, this
>coming weekend is bad for me to meet but the next one should be fine.
>Anyone?

Well - since you said anyone - I can help :) At least I can give you a
newbie's pov. I've kept many of the messages from the previous threads and
plan on developing some sort of outline. I know the basic questions that I
had/have and I can do some research on the net to see what answers are out
there. Then when we look at those and decide we don't like them - we can
write our own answers :)

BTW, thanks Tanner for straightening out who "Thunder Bear" is :) Now if
someone could just straighten out which Chris was who at the Installfest ...

Lisa B.