[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Tue May 21 07:39:02 EDT 2002

Thunder Bear wrote:
>I was the guy with the mohawk, the traditional hair worn by the men of
>my tribe.

You'd have to be slightly more specific than that - I saw a couple of
mohawks at the Installfest :) Now were you the one in overalls - burning
CDs I believe? And since we're talking about the Installfest - who was the
guy who was wearing the shirt that said on the back "In a World without
fences - who needs Gates?" That cracked me up! Sorry :) It's the little
things in life that make you smile!

John Franklin wrote:
>We've got Lisa and maybe a couple of other newbies to ask the questions.
>We've got lots of techies who know the answers.   Who in the group has
>got a technical writing background up to the task of making easy answers
>out of hard questions?

I'm pretty good at editing - or at least letting you know if the answer
doesn't make sense to a newbie. The main thing would be to keep it simple
to start with - baby steps :)

Lisa B.