[TriLUG] Linux for Newbies

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Tue May 21 15:05:29 EDT 2002

Lisa C. Boyd wrote:

> Andy's right in my backyard - so to speak :) I live probably about 5
> minutes from his house. I think we should see who can come to this
> meeting and then decide what's good for those people. If we only have
> Andy and myself showing up - we can meet in Northern Durham :) So this
> is what I've caught so far - who else is coming??

Yeah it kinda sounds so far that Durham or Chapel hill is pretty
central.  We could meet at Linda's ;-)

> Andy         Northern Durham
> Kevin         Pittsboro*
> Lisa        Northern Durham
> Thunder Bear?    Where's your tee-pee?
> Tanner?    Southern Durham
>
> *Geez, I'm impressed! I didn't think there was much in Pittsboro
> anymore - now to find out that the President of the TriLUG and Linux
> Guru lives there - well there ought to be a shrine or something in
> that traffic circle ;) Hats off to you!

I think Andy Griffith lived pretty close to there (as Siler City isn't
far away and they always talked about it...)

> Lisa <who's starting to wish she lived in the middle of no-where
> especially with all this stupid construction going on around here!>

You do know about the back way right?  You can take the back road to
hillsboro/85/15-501/durham freeway junction