[TriLUG] Opinions on Redmond / Lycoris

Mike Helms Mike.Helms at martinmarietta.com
Wed May 22 20:53:35 EDT 2002

Hi everyone,

Just a quick solicitation of opinions ... I have a spare box (Dell Celeron
333 with 384 megs of RAM, 20GB hard disk, etc.), and I'm toying with a
number of Linux/Unix distributions on it.  My favorites thus far are Caldera
Server as a server OS, and Lyrocis (based on Caldera) as a workstation OS.

Does anyone else have experience with the Lycoris (formerly Redmond)
distribution?  I have to admit that I like the lazy man's approach to
installation and Windows networking, but I'm more concerned about long-term
stability.

Cheers,
-- Mike Helms