[TriLUG] Opinions on Redmond / Lycoris

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Thu May 23 08:22:55 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 20:53, Mike Helms wrote:

> Does anyone else have experience with the Lycoris (formerly Redmond)
> distribution?  I have to admit that I like the lazy man's approach to
> installation and Windows networking, but I'm more concerned about long-term
> stability.

If you want to try some other distros, and your biggest concern is
long-term stability, you owe it to yourself to check out Debian
GNU/Linux and OpenBSD.  Either one would run really well on that box.
Debian is easier to update software on once it is up, but OpenBSD gets
bonus points for security.  Neither one takes the lazy mans approach to
installation or Windows networking, though.