[TriLUG] PPPoE, adsl connection, RH 7.3

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu May 23 07:57:39 EDT 2002

A Dijous 23 Maig 2002 07:4019pm, Richard O. Hammer va escriure:
> BINGO!  That makes it go.  Thank you Sinner.

I'm delighted taht tihs solved your troubles.

For some obscure reason, sometimes rp-pppoe doesn't take down eth0 when
it brings up ppp0.

I've been using rp-pppoe . I know about your pain. I got this just by
trying to isolate the problem... an I made it work with this thing.

Remember, Linux works. It is the root the one that screws things up :)

> It is really powerful too.  As soon as I did this, and pinged
> trilug.org to make sure it worked, Sprint's DSL service went
> down in three states!

XDDDDDDDDDDD

The Über-ping !!

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.2 - Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Linux Machine # 38068