[TriLUG] RedHat 7.3 on Tyan S2460?

Al Koscielny alko at nc.rr.com
Mon May 27 08:45:40 EDT 2002

On Monday 27 May 2002 08:09 am, you wrote:
> I'm running Gentoo Linux with kernel 2.4.18-xfs on an S2460 with 2 1.2GHz
> Athlon MPs with no problems.  You mention you battled heat problems.  What
> kind of case do you have?  More particularly, what is the exact model
> number of memory you are using?  The Tyan board is *extremely* picky when
> it comes to its memory.

The case is an ATX 4388, with a 400W Antec power supply.  The heat problem is
a lack of ventilation at the backend  of the motherboard.  VRM2 and AGP run
about 60-65C.  As a temporary solution, I'm using an external fan and VRM2 is
about 55C, AGP about 54C.

The memory is Corsair, VS512MBECC266R.

--
Al Koscielny