[TriLUG] DVD Player questions (was: Software for Linux newbie s)

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Tue May 28 13:57:01 EDT 2002

>Also, if you're watching DVDs, I think
>Ogle is slightly easier to use, but xine works quite well too.  Both
>of them, including the dvd css software and the win32 codecs (i.e.
>divx) are included at the PLF site.

This may be more of a hardware question, i'm not sure.  I have a Toshiba
2800-S201 which has the "wonderful"<sarchasm incl.> Trident Cyberblade dual
output adapter. It has an output that will allow me to send it to RCA jacks
to connect to my VCR for playback on my TV.  Is there something under linux
that will allow that?  Right now I have to dual boot to do this (currently
Windows ME and RHL).