[TriLUG] Software for Linux newbies

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Tue May 28 21:51:10 EDT 2002

Heck I'm still waiting for the mission statement.  I don't know whether
I qualify as a newbie or not (depends on the task)...I guess I've been
using Linux for 4 years *shrug*

-Andy

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 21:46, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
> I've enjoyed this thread :) Very enlightening! I think Robert had some
> valid points about being overwhelmed. I still am overwhelmed, but I'm
> trying to take it one task at a time. I think that with some work, we could
> come up with simple information - very basic - to get people started. You
> know, feed them that crushed up baby food with a tiny spoon until they cut
> their teeth and are ready for meat :)
>
> I'm definitely taking notes for the Newbie committee or whatever we will
> call ourselves.
>
> Lisa B.

> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:
http://www.superlinksoftware.com - software solutions for business
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound Document in
Java
http://krysalis.sourceforge.net/centipede - the best build/project
structure
		    a guy/gal could have! - Make Ant simple on complex Projects!
vote.
-Ambassador Kosh