[TriLUG] Tri-XML talk??

Mark Johnson mrj at debian.org
Wed May 29 15:15:30 EDT 2002

Hi All,

Would any TriLUGgers be interested in attending a talk on XML Catalogs
and some tools for using them?

Since I'm currently working on the Debian policy for implementing XML
Catalogs[1], the latest, greatest standard/spec for finding
XML-related resources (aka entity resolution) in XML, I'm wondering if
a talk on XML catalogs might be of general interest.

A proposed outline would address points like:

  - generally speaking, what are they?

  - their semantics (they're XML documents)

  - how to implement them (e.g. additional tools[2,3] required to use
    the catalogs to locate XML resources.)

I could give the talk, or Norm Walsh could, if he's able to make it in
October. (He helped develop the spec & also developed the resolver tools.)

Lemme know if this sounds remotely interesting to any of you...

Thanks,
Mark

[1] http://oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html

[2] The version distributed by Sun:
    http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/

[3] The more current version, which is now part of the Apache XML
    "xml-commons" project:
    http://xml.apache.org/dist/commons/

--
Mark Johnson        <mark at duke.edu>