[TriLUG] Re: Business venture

Roberto J Dohnert webwarrior at mac.com
Thu May 30 13:55:04 EDT 2002

> Message: 42
> From: Mike Helms <Mike.Helms at martinmarietta.com>
> To: "'trilug at trilug.org'" <trilug at trilug.org>
> Subject: RE: [TriLUG] Business Venture
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:46:46 -0400
>
> Roberto,
>
> Lycoris already sells a line of PC's preinstalled with Redmond/Lycoris on
> it.   Might want to check them out.
>
> http://www.lycoris.com
>
> Cheers,
> -- Mike Helms

Different business model altogether.  They sell refurbished machines
what I'm talking about is custom built machines along with peripherals
that are Linux certified to work. Lycoris only sells stock computers and
I didn't find a list of available peripherals anywhere.  Also they offer
no support for their machines.  I will offer support on the computer and
on the OS.  On another note tho I don't know how these companies do it I
had called Microsoft just out of curiosity and asked about Preinstall
licenses,  They cost $1,200.00 per computer.  Linux is free.  Can you
spell thievery.  I will contact Lycoris tho to see if they would be
interested  tho.  Thank you Micheal