[TriLUG] hacking a broken src rpm

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Fri May 31 17:14:01 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 16:58, rpjday wrote:
> On 31 May 2002, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 16:43, rpjday wrote:
> >
> > >   someone more knowledgeable about spec files can probably suggest what
> > > was wrong with the line
> > >
> > >   %{__make} CFLAGS="%{rpmcflags}"
> >
> > Probably because %(__make} is referring to an internal rpm macro.
> > This should probably instead be just
> >
> > %{make}
> >
> > which should do "the right thing" in 99% of all cases.
>
> no, making that change didn't fix it.  different error, though.
> time for me to brush up on my spec files again, i guess.

Actually, it depends on the distro.  %{make} is not a standard macro
that comes with RPM, it's added by mandrake.  %{__make} should actually
be defined though (at least, it's existed as far back as RedHat 7.0),
but like Tanner said, it's considered internal.  If you're going to do
that, get rid of the macro altogether and just use "make".

Can you give some context as to what your actual error is?

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/