[TriLUG] Has DNS on RR died?

Ed Warnicke hagbard at physics.rutgers.edu
Sat Jun 1 15:19:12 EDT 2002

My usual solution to Road Runner DNS flakeout is to point to their
externally facing DNS servers when their internally facing servers are
having difficulties.  Just add

nameserver 24.93.67.126
nameserver 24.93.67.127

to the beginning of your list of nameservers in the /etc/resolv.conf
file.  It's a cheap, easy, temporary hack to get you through
the occasional ( but still altogether to frequent ) problems
with Road Runner's DNS servers.

Ed