[TriLUG] SpamAssassin is wonderful...

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Sun Jun 2 09:41:49 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 09:39, Jon Carnes wrote:
> You know... This just might be a great topic for our next meeting (or an
> up-and-coming meeting).  Filtering mail for corporate and personal use -
> HowTo Nuke Incoming Viruses and Spam.
>
> Thanks for the tip on MailScanner, I'll take a look at it today.

Also check out RAV.  It's a Romanian antivirus program.  It works with
almost any combination of popular open source OS and MTA.  Unfortunately
RAV is NOT free software but if you're running Postfix on OpenBSD (which
is NOT really mainstream combo) they will support it!!!

The way they charge you is by domain so ISP's with virtual domains will
pay more than, say, your average guy with a business class cable modem
in his house and a vanity domain.

They have made the process of upgrading signature files into a cron job
so it is automatic.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+