[TriLUG] SpamAssassin is wonderful...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 2 11:19:39 EDT 2002

On Sunday 02 June 2002 07:04 am, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> MaiLScanner (my favorite incoming mail virus checker
> for sendmail) also has the hooks in it to auto-run spamassassin for you,
> if you want to run it site-wide. So that all incoming mail can be
> flagged for viruses *AND* spam in one go.

I'm reading the docs for MailScanner, and it seems to be well designed, but
the installation requires Sophos (a pay for virus scanner) to be loaded
onto the server... Are you paying for the Sophos service or only
downloading Sophos for the Virus Signatures?

If it is only using the signatures, then how do I substitute McAfee/Network
Associates for Sophos.  I already have a site licence for use of McAfee -
so downloading and using those signatures is NBD.

Jon