[TriLUG] Sony Laptop/USB problems w/ RH 7.3

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 4 23:56:43 EDT 2002

Mark,

I'm guessing that you're using two different kernels, one for each OS.
If that's the case, make sure that your RH kernel has the modules
compiled for using USB input devices.  This might include turning on the
CONFIG_USB_MOUSE, CONFIG_USB_KEYBOARD, and CONFIG_USB_HID options in
your .config file and recompiling.  Also the CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV and
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV might need to be compiled in.  Never having used
USB input devices before, I can't be certain.  Best of luck to you,
though.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer