[TriLUG] RPM weirdness

Scott Kennedy biogod at email.unc.edu
Thu Jun 6 02:18:12 EDT 2002

I just installed RedHat 7.3 the other day.  I seem to be having trouble building and/or recompiling source RPMs.  I never had a problem doing this before, so I'm not sure what is up.  This is what happens:
# rpm --rebuild (or --recompile) foo.src.rpm

foo.src.rpm: No such file or directory

This seems very strange to me since I am looking at the stupid things when I do this.  I even upgraded to rpm-4.1, but to no avail.  Has anyone seen this before? Is is a bug/problem? Am I going insane?  Am I missing something disturbingly obvious?  Anyway, thanks in advance.

Scott K

PS-Installing binary RPMs works fine.