[TriLUG] Newbie Meeting

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 6 11:04:42 EDT 2002

>  You wrote---regarding 'newbie meeting', for about the fifth time---"is
> anyone else interested", and I couldn't resist answering this time.

I knew if I harassed you guys enough - you'd come out of lurking ;)

>Yes I am "interested" but unless circumstances are different than what
>they normally are, I cannot attend much of anything because I am out in
>the sticks, south of Raleigh, so, all I can say is I am with you in
>spirit, hee hee, on this one.

How far south of Raleigh? Do you often go to Raleigh? Could you make
meetings or classes in Raleigh? What's a convenient place for you?
Nothing's set in stone! If we are doing certain things in an area that's
not good for people, then maybe we can make different arrangements. It's
all totally open for ideas now - we're just going to get together and
discuss the possibilities and what we can get done.

>[I have only caught bits and pieces of your meeting plans, but I am
>thinking that it had to do something with putting together information that
>would help new Linux users. Anyway, whatever it was, I remember thinking, as
>I read a message or two or three, that it seemed like a "well-needed"
>undertaking to me. God Bless you and good luck with your venture].

Thanks for your support - and for all the others who've written to me in
support of this - thank ya'll :) It's not going to be me doing this though
- I'm just good at organizing some of this.

>  By the way, not that this is related, but Wake Tech's schedule of classes
>for Fall of this year, lists an 8-wk session class on "Introduction to
>Linux", with another 8-wk class, "Linux System Administrat.", following.
>Taught by "staff", M,W, 6:10-10:00pm.
>  I may be enrolling.

That sounds like a great opportunity! I wonder which distribution their
teaching on? Maybe if you take the classes you can fill us in on some more
information. Does anyone know if any of the other Technical Colleges around
here offer Linux classes?

Lisa B.