[TriLUG] sendmail and alternate ports

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 6 16:15:13 EDT 2002

http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.39

To do it only for your domain, use /etc/mail/mailertable:
        yourdomain.com          mysmtp:mail.yourdomain.com

where 'mysmtp' is an exact duplicate of the 'esmtp' mailer definition,
except for the port number in 'A=...'. Of course, change 2525 to whatever
alternate port number you wish to use.

===
At HAHT we run a firewall that reflicts a specific high port (which will
remain nameless) back down to port 25 and then redirects it to one of our
mailservers.

Best of Luck