[TriLUG] fam and konqueror

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Jun 10 11:21:54 EDT 2002

I have been having problems with KDE's konqueror crashing when users
delete a large number of files.  Someone suggested that I disable fam
(chkconfig sgi_fam off).  I did this on my test server and this seems to
do the trick.  I just wanted to double-check that disabling fam is not
going to cause other problems down the road.  Any thoughts?

The systems are RH 7.2 with KDE 2.2.2.  Thanks for your advice on this!
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5