[TriLUG] [Trilug-announce] The next TriLUG meeting is June 13th!

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Tue Jun 11 14:04:19 EDT 2002

The next meeting of the Triangle Linux Users Group (TriLUG) will be
Thursday, June 13, 2002 at 7:00pm in the Dreyfus auditorium of RTI
(please see http://www.trilug.org/dreyfus_directions.php for directions).
This month's meeting topic will be XML Catalogs presented by Mark Johnson.

Mark is one of those rare people who understands the XML Catalog spec
(located at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/spec.html and he
has offered to share his understanding of its content and implementation
with the rest of us.

Mark is a very active member in the Open Source/Free Software community
and currently holds the following positions:

    * President, TriXML Special Interest Group
    * Debian XML/SGML & Policy Developer
    * Developer, DocBook Open Repository
    * Member, DocBook Technical Committee (OASIS)

His web page can be found at http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/ and you can
email him at mark at duke dot edu.

XML Catalogs wil be discussed, as well as a general introduction to XML
(HTML knowledge will be assumed).

So, if you've wondered what this new fangled HTML (er, XML) can do, as
well as what XML Catalogs can provide, come join us!  Pizza and other
refreshments, as always, are free.  So's the meeting!

A special note about pizza:  TriLUG -really- needs your help with
donations.  This month, we hit the bottom of the barrel as far as funds
go.  We -really- need your donations to continue offering pizza at our
meetings.  Pizza is really our only cost, thanks to our generous
sponsors, and it costs us around $200 a meeting.  Donations of any
amount are appreciated.  If you donate $20 or more, we can provide you
with a receipt that you can use come tax time since we're a 501(3)c
non-profit organization.  We hope to announce some exciting sponsorship
news at the next meeting, but we will always need donations to the pizza
fund!

--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost