[TriLUG] Re: DVD Player

Reginald Reed reginald at cisco.com
Tue Jun 11 15:39:35 EDT 2002

Use hdparm.  Here's the output for a new machine that I haven't
configured (DMA is off):

[root at reginald-pc2 root]# hdparm /dev/hdc

/dev/hdc:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Input/output error
 I/O support  =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  0 (off)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 HDIO_GET_NOWERR failed: Input/output error
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 BLKRAGET failed: Input/output error
 HDIO_GETGEO failed: Invalid argument
 busstate     =  1 (on)

The errors are there because I don't have a CD/DVD in the drive.

--Reggie