(rr mailserver redux) [TriLUG] Newbie meeting - Saturday

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Wed Jun 12 23:06:22 EDT 2002

<snip/>

> You getting those too? What is that! UUUURRRGGG! I know I've had
> people send me email earlier this week that I still haven't gotten.
> I'm getting really frustrated with all the email alias problems (not
> due to RR - I think) and the email problems I've been having with RR.

yes road runner's smtp server has sucked for at least a year.  If DSL
(more than IDSL which is ISDN on crack) is ever offered in my area I'm
switching.  Gotta say, overall the network is pretty reliable, they just
can't manage to run an email server or DNS server.

> Well, sound like I have better connectivity than you - but I'm
> clueless on the own email and DNS stuff still. Guess you guys know
> I'll be pushing for a newbie class in setting up your own email server
> soon ;)

We have a Trilug email server set up physically, but I'm not sure of its
software status.

-Andy