[TriLUG] Saturday What to bring, and recreational information

Lisa C. Boyd lcboyd at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 13 23:00:21 EDT 2002

Andy wrote:
>Okay, I've no idea how many peeps are showing up saturday (a virtual
>headcount would be appreciated )

The names I have listed based on our initial emails are:
         Mike Helms
         Mark Johnson - may not be able to make it at noon
         Elliot Peele
         Jeremy Portzer
         Tanner Lovelace
         Justin Johnson
         Dan Chen
         Lisa B
         Andy

>I failed to inform the bosslady that Saturday was pot-luck, so she made
>other plans.  (She's much nicer than I am ;-) )  Hence probably more
>food will be provided than there will be people (I'm estimating 10-15
>people or Lisa and her kids will have to eat a lot).

Better hope some more people show up :) My daughter and I barely eat one
adult size plate of food. However, I think my husband has decided to
entertain her at home Saturday so I'll be solo. You do have an extremely
nice wife and I told her that you better be taking care of her for all of
this :)

>1. Soda pop - I don't usually partake - so we don't keep it around
>5. Cups and disposable flatware.

I can bring a couple of sodas and disposable flatware (can't we just use
our fingers? - JK).

>1. Eat
>2. Drink
>3. ****

Interested as to what number 3 stands for ... inside Linux joke?

>4. chat
>5. Identify our objectives for the I guess "newbie committee"
>6. Elect Lisa "Newbie Committee Chairperson"

Whoah - let's discuss this some more :) There may be some others out there
to take the lead ...

>7. Identify programs to bring people up to speed on basic Linux "Stuff"
>    Thoughts include:
>    a. Selection of a distribution including criteria
>    b. Installation
>    c. Basic file management (just what does df stand for)
>    d. Basic networking and installation
>    c. Webservin
>    e. Advocacy - How do we induct people into the cult of the penguin?
>    f. maybe "new school" technologies (don't often touch the stuff
>myself) like flowe desktop stuff, gui file managers, etc.
>8. Plan the next meetin'

All sounds good ...

>9. Extra points if you get my wife wantin' to use Linux.

Sounds like a challenge ;)

Lisa B.