[TriLUG] running X client as root in other accounts

uzoma nwosu uzoma at audioverse.com
Sun Jun 16 11:15:22 EDT 2002

I really hope this is a simple question that I'm just missing the answer somewhere.  I'm running Debian Woody on an AMD K6-2 350 box.  Everything works fine for the most part.  It's just that when I try to run a xclient as root from a term in an another user account I get this error:

# xcdroast
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

Now I've just ignored this issue because it's not task critical. However, I now wish to fix this.  So I humbly ask for suggestions.

Uzoma