[TriLUG] Bought my first Laptop--a new Apple Powerbook with OSX--With Linux software in mind I have three questions:

Bill Vinson billvinson at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 16 19:46:44 EDT 2002

On Sunday, June 16, 2002, at 05:00 PM, Robby Dermody wrote:

> If it's a usenet newsreader, linux has an absolutely stunning GTK app
> called
> "pan".
> It blows away anything else I've used (Agent for windows being one). For
> OSX,
> I have no idea...it might compile. :)

Pan is a wonderful newsreader and it works great under OSX.  Use 'fink'
to install it (http://fink.sourceforge.net).  If you have any problems
with getting fink up and running e-mail me as it is a cool piece of
software.  I have migrated just about all of my desktop work to my iBook
as I think OSX is probably the best desktop available anywhere, but
Linux and OpenBSD are still running on all my servers as it makes much
more sense than OSX Server.

Bill