[TriLUG] why run open source OS on oddball old hardware?(LONGDIATRIBE) (off-topic)

Thunder Bear thunderbear at yonderway.com
Fri Jun 21 13:10:57 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 12:58, William W. Ward wrote:

> If you guys don't mind going too off-topic, maybe you could relate the
> physically largest (and rank by most interesting or esoteric) machine you
> have running in your abode regardless of operating system.

Hmmm I'd do better to answer this after the weekend.  I'm going on
another hardware collection run and might have some old esoteric Sun
stuff in there.

On the X86 side I have a dual Pentium 100 box.  I had a dual celeron box
but it is RIP presently.  Question: Would you count a cluster as one
machine, or would you count it as a collection of individual machines?

I don't have anything that looks like it belongs in the old Star Trek
series if that's what you're asking.

--
-=[*Thunder Bear*]=-
+[Upchuckee Nation]+